Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My Thoughts on the iPhone

Having owned an iPhone for a little over two months now, I have come to the conclusion that it is the best tech purchase I have made in recent memory. It's become an indispensable tool in my everyday life, but its the little things that make it truly an asset. From being able to check my email at any time, to having the answer to any question that comes up in conversation, with it in my pocket I'm no more than a tap away from the solution.

The combination of the full-fledged web browser and the ease of navigating said pages with the multi-touch interface makes even the most complicated sites a cinch to access. The only setback is the browser's inability to view flash portions of the sites, hopefully something that will be remedied sometime in the near future with a software update.

One other gripe I have is the slow response of AT&Ts EDGE network, which is not 3G, and is very slow. This is a feature that I believe will be available in the next iteration of the phone, which I predict will come out by the end of the year.

The release of the SDK and the forthcoming application store will greatly increase the software available on the phone and will allow a host of third party developers to release tons of new and useful apps. This is something that I am particularly looking forward to since I chose not to jailbreak my phone and thus cannot access the user created apps that have emerged so far.

Overall, I am delighted with my purchase and would wholeheartedly recommend the iPhone.

No comments: