Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Post - Super Tuesday musings

I had MSNBC on all day yesterday, from the time that I woke up until - well, I'll get to that in a second. I got a call from a friend around 7 wanting to go out to a bar, so I had quite the quandary on my hands. I could go out and have fun with other humans or I could stay home and watch the Super Tuesday coverage that I had been waiting for since early January.

I decided to indeed go out around 10, an hour before the California polls closed. While out, I tried to keep up with the news through my iPhone, but it was just too loud and crowded at the bar to really concentrate on what I was doing and also be sociable.

On my first trip to heed the call of nature, I heard the fleeting end of a conversation as I walked by: "......... California...... delegates...... Clinton, too close to call." I turned around and there was a small group of people huddled around the one TV at the bar that was tuned to something other than ESPN. They had it on MSNBC! I could have my cake and eat it too!

So, for the rest of the night I occasionally checked in with my new news-hungry friends for updates and was generally pleased with the outcome.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Spent SuperTuesday mostly switching between MSNBC and CNN. Checked out FOX and guess who is now a paid political commentator...none other than Bush's Brain.