Saturday, January 26, 2008

MSNBC gains viewership, including myself



Having a routine is the key to getting up early, and I have found a TV news show thats perfect for having on in the background while getting ready for the day. Morning Joe on MSNBC replaced Imus in the Morning after it was canceled last April.

Hosts Willie Giest, Mikia Brzenzinski (daughter of foreign-policy expert Zbigniew Brzezinski) and former Florida congressman Joe Scarborough guide viewers through the day's news, with a heavy slant towards the political. The show attracts the big names and Washington insiders who offer information beyond the headlines.

Morning Joe has caused me to totally switch my cable news viewing habits, as now MSNBC is almost always on when I'm not watching a particular show on TV. I find their team of journalists and pundits to be heads and shoulders above the rest. Tim Russert, Chris Matthews, Dan Abrams, political director Chuck Todd, and the always feisty Keith Oberman are a hard team to beat.

MSNBC has seen a 20% increase in its ratings year-to-date, a fact that CNN's Jonathan Klein sees as a major challenge to the number two cable news outlet behind FoxNews.

No comments: